Printer profiles for Canon IP3500 with UW8 ink

Token

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have a ICC profile for a canon ip3500 with hobbicolors UW8 ink?
I've read on this site that using a properly calibrated profile can give you wider gamut prints, and i was hoping someone would already have one for my printer.

Thanks in advance

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Have you tried to use it without profiles? I used UW8 ink on a numer of printers without profiles. There are lots of vibrancies.

"Profiles are tailored to specific papers."
Actually profiles are made for a combination of printer, ink and paper.

Token

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks, i didn't realise that papers were also taken into consideration.
I currently use UW8 inks without a profile, and the image is still good, its just that i thought a profile for plain paper would be better than no profile, even though plain paper differs between manufacturers. I just thought the difference between plain papers would be relatively small, compared to the changes/improvements i could achieve by using a profile.

When making a profile for a printer, does it depend on a specific type of printer, or can the same profile be used for all other printers of the same model? What i mean is, if you make a profile for a specific type of paper and ink using a certain model printer, can you use that profile for all other printers of the same model that also use the same ink and paper combination?

Thanks

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Token,

You actually can use the specific profile for that type of printer on your specific type of paper for your specific type of ink (for example UW8). But why using a profile for plain paper ? Nobody will do this: since printer profiles are used for high quality photo papers to have the best available and consistent colours on it.