printer lables - the middle ones!!!!!

shopgirl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi all. my first time here.
im hoping someone can help. im pretty sure i cant be the only person in the world this has happened too!

i have a epson stylus DX6050 printer. i use it to print out business labels on ready made adhesive label sheets. my problem is that the labels print fine from the ends of the sheet but if i go to use the middle labels say at a later time the printer seems to reject the sheet. i dont know if its a weight issue with the sheet!

Ive called epson to see if they do labels as you might expect the real deal to actually work properly but they dont produce label sheets.
any ideas whats going on and how i can get around this as at the moment im having to waste approx 7 labels in ever 14 label sheet.

thanks

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
This is just a guess, but the printer's paper sensor may not recognize the "release sheet" that is left after the labels are peeled off.

Try placing a scrap label on the leading edge of the release sheet where the first label was removed.

Another option might be to cut off the (now unused) leading release sheet so that the remaining sheet appears as a full sheet to the printer? If this works, short pieces of sheet could be taped (on the back) to full sheets to allow them to be used.

If you find something that works, please post your solution.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I just cut the labels and stick them to normal A4 paper with scotch tape (magic tape) it peels very easy so you have your label in no time. Positioning is not a problem here as you print on plain sheet of paper fist then stick the label on it and print again.

shopgirl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i think i tried the cutting thing but it didnt make a difference.
i like ur thinking tho and im going to try printing from the middle out first and then ur ideas if no joy.
thanks grandad35

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
shopgirl, I suspect that you are running into something I did a year ago. Different printer brands grip the paper at varying locations. I experienced the same problem with the Epson. Once you remove the labels at the leading edge, it is unable to feed the sheet properly. My experiience showed that HP printers are the most versatile for label printing ( not that I'm recommending that route), followed by Canon and Epsons are the poorest performing in this regard. What I also found was that different brands of labels would give Canons a similar problems like Epson and this was the basis of my ranking. My suspicion is that with HP's experience with printers used in offices etc. printing labels and was included within their battery of tests and this possibly was omitted or was a low priority with Epsons. The situation may change as models evolve.