Printer Knowledge Forum Software Updated

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the new layout and colour scheme is much harder to read and puts a strain on the eyes. Text was easier to read on the old light grey background, and the old design made it easy to separate the posts with its shadowed frame design.

The problem is not new, but last time the forum software was upgraded the background colour was changed to the more eye friendly neutral grey. Could we possibly have the old colour scheme back and if possible also a layout change that makes it easier to separate the posts?

I attach screen shots of the same thread with the old and new software, for comparison

The old layout, click to enlarge:

Forum old layout.jpg

And the new layout, click to enlarge:

Forum new layout.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think it's not so much the light color tone of the background but the default font type/size which very much impacts the readability.
I would prefer a slightly larger type like this Verdana font, this is size 15 in the editor settings, this is size 18 - sdafafd - already too large - or Tahoma size 15 but size 16 which is currently not available.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I must admit you are right. Your post clearly shows that the font/size is much more important than the background colour. Does anybody know what font and size was the default in the old forum software?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now wer're cooking with gas... :D, these's new smiles also suck... :hu Wish Sumi were here....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have noticed since this new upgrade has taken place that there is a very big shortage of members using the forum, in fact it’s quieter than Christmas day.. :caf
Is there anyone to pull a cracker with…:idunno

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks for all the great feedback! We've been tweaking some things (like the color / separation between posts), so hopefully things will keep getting a bit easier. Also, some things may just take some time to get used to. I know change tends to be hard :)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
What's with the disappearing Signature?

My signature is gone since the software upgrade and I can see it is there when I go into my profile settings but there appears to be no way of making it appear again on posts :(

Also I suggest you inform all members via a newsletter that the site has been updated. Some may go to the site and see that they need to sign in again and wonder why?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Also I suggest you inform all members via a newsletter that the site has been updated. Some may go to the site and see that they need to sign in again and wonder why?
Ops... :hide No Newsletter this week... Not enought posts..:caf