Printer for A3 transparencies?

BlueToBits

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 7500 & 1102W, CTC 3D,
Followup.
I bought an Epson XP-900. As I wanted an "no-quibble, just bring it back for a full refund" return policy, I paid 130 UKP from a national chain store. That's still less than the cost of 2 sets of cartridges. Setup took quite a while. The included CD drivers were outdated so needed to be downloaded. Print quality is good. The Epson genuine ink provides better light opacity than the non-OEM ink I was using in my HP printer. However, using the cheapest genuine ink I can find, it will cost around £3 to print the 3 sheets used in each clock. There's a strong argument for using non-OEM inks at a tenth of the cost. A3 size paper is a single sheet feed, so printing multiple sheets will be a pain. A3+ size media is not supported despite the specification promise. The driver will shrink a file from A3+ down to A3 or just crop it to A3. It will however print on media 5mm wider than A3 when printing edge to edge, and this is just enough for my purposes, but will require me to spend more time at the guillotine. Network connectivity is easy and seems reliable. Integration with my android phone is quick and easy.
Thanks again for the advice. It's a Gud'un.

BlueToBits

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 7500 & 1102W, CTC 3D,
I asked the store sales guy if he had heard about the legislation on dye inks. He had, he confirmed that all HP office and home printers, Epson Workforce and several other printer manufacturer no longer used dye inks, He expected that pigment ink printers would completely dominate the market in all but wide format printers by the end of next year. It has to be said that this guy was desperately trying to sell me this printer, and would probably have said anything to ensure I made the purchase.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
thanks for your feedback; if you look for refill you have a very good ink available, the bottled inks for the Epson ET-7750 Ecotankprinter, Epson genuine inks in 70ml bottles at a very attractive price. This Epson 106 ink has shown in several tests that it is pretty much an equivalent to the Claria inks your printer is using.