Printer driver location

Barb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there a way to locate where my printer drivers are located on my computers so I can verify which versions they are? I think you are going to say they're wherever I put them but isn't there some standard way of looking at your driver file?

This reason I ask is that I have a strange problem in Word which I am being given help on but I need to find out the driver versions and just can't seem to locate them on either of my two machines. I have a Driver folder which was already created but it's not there, I've looked at properties for the printer, System Info, a quick look in the registry, don't know where else to look. What would the extension of a driver be maybe I can search for it.

Thanks for any help

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Control Panel
Printers&Faxes
Click on 'File'
'Server Properties'
'Drivers'
Highlight a printer
Click 'Properties' then check each Driver's 'Properties'.
You can see the Version, etc.

Barb said:
Is there a way to locate where my printer drivers are located on my computers so I can verify which versions they are? I think you are going to say they're wherever I put them but isn't there some standard way of looking at your driver file?

This reason I ask is that I have a strange problem in Word which I am being given help on but I need to find out the driver versions and just can't seem to locate them on either of my two machines. I have a Driver folder which was already created but it's not there, I've looked at properties for the printer, System Info, a quick look in the registry, don't know where else to look. What would the extension of a driver be maybe I can search for it.

Thanks for any help

Barb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Many thanks jackson, I thought there must be a way. Now I can get back to my original problem.

Barb