Printer controls from Canon Easy Photo print Program

trodge

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am frustrated with the Canon easy photo print program that came with my iP4300 printer. When I use it I am unable to adjust the printer controls and setup for the prints I am making. I can make the adjustments when I use Windows, but that has other features that are limiting. Maybe there is a button or process that I am not aware of. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

optimizer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I don't know about the program or the age of your printer, but check to see if there's a newer version of your software on the Canon website. Just use the search box for your printer code, then click on the printer and it'll come up with some tabs. Select the drivers tab. You should see the latest vesrions of software there (unless it's a program they don't put on the web site). Who knows, it may present the options you're looking for?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
My Canon easy-photo program is admittedly an older version as the most recent one came with an iP5000 about two years ago. Basically, easy-print is a "dumbed down" program to provide minimal easy adjustments for users who have little knowledge or interest in more complex photo editing. It will not let you make many of the adjustments that other programs will. I set it up on my wife's computer as she wanted to print photos. It was very limited in available editing functions and limits adjustments in the printer driver.

For less than $100 you can buy Photoshop Elements 8, and there are bargain prices in the older versions. I have used PE2, currently use PE3, bought and tried PE4 but didn't like some aspects of the program dealing with photo storage and retrieval for editing. I googled PE 7 and saw it priced from about $35 and up. I can't vouch for the vendors, but I'm sure there is a bargain out there for an older version. Picasa is a free download and has more functionality than the easy-print program. I tried it for my wife but found I'd rather teach her the basics of Photoshop Elements.