Print Testing

jakm4n

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This seems to be happening to0 much lately. After I completely clean, dried and filled a particular cartridge (Lexmark 16). I get great print results on the first few seconds of printing, then it begins to blotch, (kind of fade out and then fade back in) leaving a checkered blank spaces in the print test sheet. Any ideas towards a solution..

I completely clean out he funnel and replace the micro filter. I also use a vacuum chamber.

Jak

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'd get a bottom suction tool, and vacuum some ink and air from the borttom. Many things can cause this problem...overfilling can cause this as well.
Plus, if it starts well, and then begins to quit, there may be a problem with the sponge....did this cart ever completely dry out?

dashisiong

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I also have alot of problem on lexmark 16 carts.
Till now i have tried everything and still no good result.

I have take out the sponge and clean inside.
Put some cleaning solution and let the liquid flow out slowly.
Then put back everything and test print.

The result is always broken lines or white lines.
Dun understand why....

Pls...anyone can give good advises???

Hendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you remove the shoe polish?

ebiz96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Lexmark 16 & 17 are refilled with pigmented black inks, and when they run out of ink and if not refilled immediately then the ink dries up and blocks the well inside the cartridge.

This is how i overcome the problem of stubborn dried cartridges specially the lex 16 & 17.

1, dismantle the cartridge and soak the print head in a tray or small dish filled with warm de-ionised water up about 1/2 inch deep, when you warm the water use a small coffe kettle to heat the water and try and avoid warming the water in a metal/aluminium sauce pan.

2, once the you see the ink starts to flow this may take about 2 hours for the print head to hydrate, sometimes longer depending on how bad the print head is clogged, then wash the inside of the cartridge with warm de-ionised water until clean water starts to flow from the print head, you can wash the sponge too or change it new one i always change it with a new one.

3, replace the sponge and refill with specific lexmark 16 pigmented ink in a vacuum chamber, this only takes about 40-50 seconds to refill and you get fully functioning cartridge everytime, without bubbles or any other nasty problems.

PS: When doing the second proceedure, i always inkjet warm water directly from the print head to ensure that all debires get dissolved in the well, (the well is the one between the print head and the inside filter) it's difficult to see what is in there, unless you completely change the filter and this will ensure 100% refurbished cartridge, but the cost of replacing a new filter is about 80 cents and you need to have a special machine to remove it.

PPS: Please ensure that the water is not too hot, otherwise it will lead to damage of print head circuitery..

I hope this helps.

All the best

Ash

dashisiong

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

How many ml of ink you filled?
I have tried most of the way u list out here...only vacuum chamber which i not doing.
Do u think vacuum can solve most of the problem when refilling this cart?

Thanks