Print head canon MP610 & Ip4000 Cleaning

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The print head carriage looks exactly the same on both these printers. If you look at the underside where the fine print heads are their are 2 screws that appear to hold it in place. Has anyone actually removed these screws to get better access to the printer heads for cleaning ? I Have followed the suggestions re printer head cleaning in previous posts and it has certainly made a major improvement to my prints but nozzle check patterns still show fine lines between some colours. My thinking behind unscrewing the printer head would be to access this area which might have trapped some small particles which are causing the problems.
I would welcome comments from anyone who has tried this or knows of a good reason not to do it.

Thanks

Printers: Canon 610. Canon ip4000. Lexmark C522

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
duncan22 said:
The print head carriage looks exactly the same on both these printers. If you look at the underside where the fine print heads are their are 2 screws that appear to hold it in place. Has anyone actually removed these screws to get better access to the printer heads for cleaning ? I Have followed the suggestions re printer head cleaning in previous posts and it has certainly made a major improvement to my prints but nozzle check patterns still show fine lines between some colours. My thinking behind unscrewing the printer head would be to access this area which might have trapped some small particles which are causing the problems.
I would welcome comments from anyone who has tried this or knows of a good reason not to do it.

Thanks

Printers: Canon 610. Canon ip4000. Lexmark C522
AFAIK nobody successfully knows how to put it together again. Did you read threads like this:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1504
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241

Please search the forum before asking :)

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Duncan 22
From every thing I have read very few print head surgeries are successful. These print heads are fragile and do not take well to being taken apart and put back together. The flat conductor that connects the contact pads to the actual print head does not like to be flexed and that the rubber gasket that seals between the plastic section and the ceramic section tends to leak.
It sounds like you only have a few stubborn nozzles that are still clogged so
I would suggest that you continue to clean the print heads and not take them apart.

In this thread Smile and Ghwellsjr both give a link to how they clean a print head.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3691

Very good advice in that thread, those two know a lot about Canon printers.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
When you print photos do you see any lines from clogged nozzles? These printers are designed to do a lot of overlapping so that small imperfections don't show up.

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Many thanks for your responses,the link provided is exactly what I was looking for. They say a photograph is worth a thousand words and that certainly applies to the post giving details of the disassembly of a Canon print head.