Print Head Aligment -- same result all the time

hkelston

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a Canon i9900. When I do a print head alignment, it seems to make no difference. For example, if box +4 is the best in Column G before the alignment, then +4 is still the best after alignment.

Is the print head aligment supposed to align the heads so that the "0" boxes on the test sheet are the best?

Thanks.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
hkelston said:
Is the print head aligment supposed to align the heads so that the "0" boxes on the test sheet are the best?
No - the head alignment procedure doesn't rely on the results of any previous head alignment procedures.

herky1127

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have also been struggling with an alignment issue. On my ip3000, the text often times will have a wave in it. Outlines of boxes on an excel sheet will also not print straight. This occurs even if I use High print quality setting.

How often should we be doing a print head alignment? Should this problem occur in standard mode? I would think a printer should always be able to print a straight line from an excel spreadsheet regardless of what print quality setting is used. Could this be an indication of a failing printer or printhead?

hkelston

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Grandad35 said:
No - the head alignment procedure doesn't rely on the results of any previous head alignment procedures.
My question really is: after completing a print head alignment, should I see any DIFFERENCE (improvement) in the next test printout?

Thanks.