Print directly from flashdrive on Pixma MP630?

lyndeelu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Should it be possible to insert a standard flashdrive into the usb port on the Pixma MP630 and print pictures on the flashdrive?
I don;t see why it shouldn't be possible, but when I plug in the flashdrive, although it lights up indicating it is successfully connected - I don't see any option to print from it.
What am I missing ? Am I missing something... or is this not a feature ???
Advice appreciated thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530

lyndeelu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks ghwellsjr... but the thing with the memory sticks/cards, is different to the flash drive I think.
On the menu - there is an option to print from memory card - then you select the card. But Flashdrive is not counted as a 'memory card'. The manual appears to discuss the option of saving a scan to a flashdrive on the printer... but I see nothing about printing pictures from the flashdrive plugged into the printer.

Any other thoughts please.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I can't address that specific printer, but on my Canon IP6000 the front USB port works when a camera (mine uses a CF card) is plugged in using a USB cable.
Inserting a usb stick containing images gives an error message.

lyndeelu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok - so I gave in and called Canon support - spoke to an excellent tech support person (Sumeet) who confirmed that the USB port can only be used to direct print using pictbridge enabled usb devices - that includes cameras and phones and if there were such a thing as a pictbridge enabled flash drive, it would include that as well. As it stands, a standard usb flash drive plugged into the pictbridge usb port, can be written to by the printer to store a scan but the printer cannot direct print a picture from a standard usb flash drive plugged in to the pictbridge usb port.
Thanks for the interest and help.