Primera Bravo II

longoz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've searched all over the internet for bulk ink to refill my Primera Bravo II cartridges and after about 6 hours of searching, I've only managed to find two options. They are both out of the UK:

Burton Ink here: http://www.burton-ink.co.uk/product...?products_id=36

and riverproaudio here:
http://www.riverproaudio.co.uk/rive..._of__ZDSVZ.html (I think they are also using Burton Ink)

Any thoughts on how good an option this would be?

I also found this link for refilling the cartridges here: http://www.emeraldrecycle.com/prca.html Any word on how reputable they are?

Anyone have suggestions on why I am having trouble finding any information about refilling the Primera Bravo II cartridges?
Am I missing something here? It's supposed to be a pretty popular printer, isn't it? Why isn't there a US compatible ink supplier?

Have people just decided that it is not a good idea to refill them? Is there a problem that I'm not aware of?

Also, does anyone have any details on what a compatible ink would be for the Bravo II? The Burton ink appears to be a universal ink
"one size fits all" and I understand that that's not a good way to go. Does anyone know what ink would be a good fit for the Bravo?

Last thing; does anyone have any information on the cartridges themselves? I see from one post that they may be Lexmark cartridges. can anyone confirm that? Does anyone know where I can find a compatible cartridge? Has anyone had any experience in refilling the OEM's and if so, can anyone suggest a procedure to refill and flush them?

Sorry for so many questions. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks.

longoz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks, but I checked the site out and didn't find any references specifically to Primera Bravo II ink.

Can you provide more details?

Thanks.

webman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i have a Primera Bravo se. and have filled the black as i had quite a lot of disks to print black , it worked ok ......... by drilling a hole in the top of the cart and at the near end as you face ur printer but , did any one else fill these ?

longoz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Webman,

Can you tell me where you purchased the black ink for the SE? How did it compare against the OEM ink?

I just bought some black and color ink from Burton Ink but I think their prices are a bit steep because they sell in british pounds (It's 2 USD per pound now)
so the ink seems really expensive.

for example they sell 60ml (2 ounces) of color ink x 3 colors= 50.00 pounds or $100 USD.

when I compare that against the prices I paid Hobbicolors for my canon ip5200, the Hobbicolors ink is a real bargain by comparison. (and it's good ink too.)

I really need to find an American ink supplier for my Primera Bravo II.

Can anyone help out with some suggestions

videonet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You can use ink for lexmark Z26 or similar.I buyed 4 botles lts. each of 3 color and black for only less than U$S60 INK mate from korea. By the way, any know how many ml must be in color and black cartridge? Could be for color 10ml and 20ml for black. Thanks.
Note: the first time refill the cartridge I take of the rubber pad, clean with warm water to remove all the original ink, then dry, and load the ink with a injection needle. meanwhile clean the cartridge inner with destilated water with 3 drops of detergent. Dry with toilet paper, put inside the rubber, load the ink, and paste the plastic with thinner polyurethane and small brush

videonet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to say taht only take off the rubber in black cartridge, in color, clean the rubber with needle injecting 2 ml destilated water in a very near of tube out ink in each color rubber, to clean old ink

videonet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Today compare the original cartridge how was the exact position taking a picture reflected in a mirrow.That is Im doing when paste the new sicker printed by me in a used cartridge.If you want to see the picture go to this link.I wish this picture help a everybody
http://www.videonet-tv.com/imagenes/cartuchos Primera.jpg
Best rgds.have a nice week end
Mike(Miguel)