Preferred Brand of refillable ink system?

L9OBL

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX712, Canon IX6820
So some pre-face, i guess, I work with a table top games company that occasionally goes to comic cons and the like for vending and such. One of the things we do at the Vendor's table is print on demand posters, where we print out posters as needed instead of getting a stock of posters pre-printed and hoping they sell (in the long run it's cheaper and less of a logistical nightmare). Up until this past weekend we have been using my personal Canon Pixma MX712 which has been working wonderfully. Unfortunately it seems that the TSA touched it in bad places when I flew out to the convention as it no longer works. The company was wanting to upgrade to an IX6820 anyways so the dead printer isn't a problem. The couple hundred non-OEM print cartridges for the 712 kinda are (refilling cartridges at conventions is not worth the mess or hassle, and the company has a good supply deal with a non-oem print cartridge manufacturer). Since the CLI-226/225 cartridges are barely used anyone and no one really wants to buy them, and because sourcing another 712 (or other printer that uses the same cartridges) is about the same as getting a newer printer (like a MX922), I was thinking of just going through the pain of draining all of the 226/225 cartridges and getting a refillable cartridge kit for the printer that replaces my 712, as I still need a good printer for colour tuning and general graphic design stuff.

I was wondering if you could suggest to me a good refillable ink cartridge kit for Canon brand printers, I'm probably going to grab a MX922 to replace the 712.

Thanks