1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Which SSD to buy?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Precisioncolors Shipping Issues Explained....

Discussion in 'Everything Else InkJet Printer Related' started by mikling, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Jan 30, 2019
    mikling

mikling Printer Master Platinum Printer Member

The cut has come not because of sellers but because sellers are always the place to point to when international shipping goes bad. I've been shipping internationally for over 15 years and I have stopped and restarted before until I had to take the decision to stop again because it was fraught with high risks and costs. Returned packages mailing costs are NOT refunded by the shipping companies and some charge to collect returns.
    Furthermore, the purchasers might have been on holidays not collect and the item returns. But they demand I ship again without paying for reshipping. Then there are the cases when the addresses are incorrect and claims are made they were submitted correctly....bur I copy and paste. So go figure. and then claims are made for refunds...making me out of pocket for expensive shipping in those cases. It goes on and on. And even when someone who does not receive a package come to the forum to shame me. And eventually it is shown that they omitted an apartment number in their address...

What is also not understood is that the average value shipments has increased where lost packages have significant value.

It is not an easy decision but as some political leaders are finding out, no decision is a perfect one.

lolopr1 and Artur5 like this.
  2. Jan 31, 2019
    Artur5

Artur5 Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Canon Maxify 5150,Canon Pro10s
    For what is worth, during the last months I've ordered, three different times, small items from you (last time just before you stopped shipping to Europe). The parcels arrived safely without any hassle or Customs charges, Delay from shipping to arrival varied from 2 to 4 weeks.
    Maybe I've been lucky but I prefer regular post to Couriers (don't get me started on UPS ! :he ).

The Hat likes this.
  3. Jan 31, 2019
    palombian

palombian Printer Master

Printer Model:
    Pro9500II, MAXIFY MB5350
    Never had any problem with PC either, very good service.
    I ordered not more than 2 bottles at a time (for the colors with the lowest inventory - I will never empty the 8oz green bottle) by regular post also.

The risk of loss was compensated by the fact it slipped through customs without VAT (official limit is €22).
    Kind of sport.
    I had not the intention to open a dispute should it not arrive ;).

Over €150 there are also import duties to pay plus handling costs.

Ordering a full inkset via MYUS could become much more expensive.
    But I should try first with a small package.

I will stop to be pissed now.

The Hat likes this.
  4. Jan 31, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    I assume you mean Flutered...:hugs :lol:

5. Jan 31, 2019
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model: