Precision Color PC25XSE yellow

ksuttonphoto

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip8720
Does the precision color PC25XSE inkset yellow have a jelling issue when mixed with oem ink?
I've read that some of their other inksets do ?

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, EpsonArtisan730
Says nowhere on PC's website about a yellow jello issue..

https://www.precisioncolors.com/C6Eb.html

One would be under a safe assumption that it hasn't happened. Of course, I'm no expert either. Just been doing research lately for an old Epson printer I got and browsing/reading the PC website alot.

ksuttonphoto

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip8720
Thanks 😊

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Does the precision color PC25XSE inkset yellow have a jelling issue when mixed with oem ink?
I've read that some of their other inksets do ?
AFAIK, Yello Gello may happen with any refill ink brand when used in specific OEM Canon cartridge ink sets. At least that is the forum consensus caution.

Ask forum member mikling who owns Precision Colors here or via his web site. Who better to tell you if a risk occurs with his inks.

The solution is to either only use OEM inks in the potentially affected cartridges (ie only OEM Yellow), use a different model cartridge, such as a CLI-9 instead of the CLI-42 (swapping over the chips), or thoroughly flushing out the OEM Canon cartridge before refilling.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...estions-on-cli-251-printers.11587/#post-97508

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Tested over a year with no gelling in two printers. So PC25XSE yellow is clear of the issue.

Still testing the PC42SE yellow on the Pro-100 and after multiple tests over a long period, the results lean towards the elimination of the gelling issue. However on the side of caution, I am still advising to treat as if it will until further notice or further tests are completed. The confidence level increases each day until I am 99.99% sure it does not happen.

ksuttonphoto

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip8720
Thank you for the info !