Possible upgrade from Canon IP6000D

Jane

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The newest of my Canon printers, the IP6000D, that takes the BCI-6 ink cartridges is giving me trouble; so thinking about what next. I am a long time refiller but have not done any with the chips.

Need to be off to do some other shopping. Anyone have any suggestions even before I get into further details?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Is photo printing your main application with the printer? Do you print text documents a lot too? Do you need to print larger than 8x11? WIll you refill your cartridges? If you can describe more details of what you do with the printer you will hear more proper suggestions for you.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Jane said:
The newest of my Canon printers, the IP6000D, that takes the BCI-6 ink cartridges is giving me trouble; so thinking about what next. I am a long time refiller but have not done any with the chips.

Need to be off to do some other shopping. Anyone have any suggestions even before I get into further details?
If you're happy with your iP6000D, except that it is giving you trouble, I have an iP6000D printer that I don't use and would like to give to someone willing to pay the shipping cost. The waste ink pad shows 6.2% used and it works perfectly. I have another one with more usage but has some clogged nozzles on the photo black. Does your printer have a good print head? Do you want to work something out?

Jane

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Jane said:

If you're happy with your iP6000D, except that it is giving you trouble, I have an iP6000D printer that I don't use and would like to give to someone willing to pay the shipping cost. The waste ink pad shows 6.2% used and it works perfectly. I have another one with more usage but has some clogged nozzles on the photo black. Does your printer have a good print head? Do you want to work something out?
I am VERY INTERESTED! Need time to compose a longer response and also thinking a PM might be the way to go.

Thanks
Jane