Poor print quality MG5310/Inktec

Vorkolor

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I can't get the colour test pattern to print.

I've gone into the printer driver colour settings and checked the "print test pattern" checkbox. Then clicked "test print" in the driver, and I got the pattern, but it was all text so no good.

Checked the test pattern box again, printed a photo from Lightroom. Got a full-size photo, no test pattern.

Checked the test pattern box again, printed a photo from the Windows 10 photo app. Got a full-size photo, no test pattern.

What does a guy need to do to get a test pattern ??

(Oh, and the colours were different on the two prints - print from RAW vs JPEG, so I need to be able to print the pattern from Lightroom for this to be useful.)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I guess the printer is the Canon Pixma MG6650? Some older Canon printers don't have this function.

Unlike with a nozzle check, you have to select a photo you want to use for the test pattern. I use a crop from this test image, showing one of the babies as skin tones clearly show colour casts. Then double click the image to open it in windows photo viewer. select print and select the printer and paper. A4 paper is needed for this test. Now click settings and select "test pattern" click OK and in the first window click print. You now get the test print with your picture in the centre with default settings, and surrounded by the picture with various colour settings. You can read more in the online printer handbook in English page 421 or in Norwegian page 440.

Is this explanation sufficient or do you want a detailed instruction with screen shots? I have a MG5550 that can do the test pattern printing.