plugs

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
These are the plugs and caps needed for the CLI8 cart. I have been using them in my OEM carts for >5 yrs.
The plugs fit into the top fill hole and seal well, they will get roughed up with usage, buy spares. The caps seal the output port (to the printer) while refilling and during storage. Get spares. In fact, sell your extras to other CLI8 cart users and cover your postage and a beer!!

Part # 1813 Inkport Cap 25 pcs @ 0.30 $7.50
1916 Plug CLI8 100 0.09 9.00

All from rjettek. Their OCP ink for my Canon 9xxx's have yielded excellent prints, ditto >5 yrs. Now available in 4 & 8 oz bottles.

irv weiner

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ok the plugs i recieved from mis will not work partly do to my own doing, inserted 1 in a new hole not the OEM fill hole, the plug fell inside trying to remove it, then i tried in in the OEM hole which is ok to remove but i made the hole a little larger to use the colored silicone plugs that i have been using, so the mis plug does not feel real tight in the hole and i have concerns it may leak, i may have a cartridge lying around where i can remove the canon plastic ball then try the mis plugs without enlarging the fill hole, but the plugs from rjettek look the best as they have step at the bottom of the plug which may prevent the plug from being push through the fill hole on the canon OEM fill hole, if that does not work i will cut the top pull tab off of the colored plugs that i am using and see how that works don't know why i didn't think of that sooner more to come,

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
If your rubber/plastic plus no longer fit this cart you can use a 6-32 or 4-32 stainless steel bolt. Depending on the hole size now existing you may be able to 'self-thread' it or enlarge the hole.

Dont worry about the ball or plug falling in the ink chamber, they are inert and wont affect your printing.

Tape will leak air air after a short time--avoid except for immediate short term use.

irv weiner