please please help me HP D4268 inkjet printer

imcool

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:(
hello respected seniors and members,

I just bought a HP d 4268 INKJET printer but i want to print tones of BLUE ink color ex. dark blue , light blue and blue shadesfrom that but i got failed , i got a tricolor (cyan, red yellow HP861)and black cartRidge (HP 860) with new one./.

please help me give any solution ....what should i do?

tonnes of thanks..

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
imcool,

Do you by any chance mean a "duotone"?

By "blue" ink, do you mean "Cyan"? Blue ink is made, but it is not used in very many inkjet printers.

If you send an image with the red and green channels set to 0 and all of your data in the blue channel (relatively easy to do with Photoshop), your printer should produce an image with only tones of blue (made by combining cyan and magenta).

imcool

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Grandad35 said:
imcool,

Do you by any chance mean a "duotone"?

By "blue" ink, do you mean "Cyan"? Blue ink is made, but it is not used in very many inkjet printers.

If you send an image with the red and green channels set to 0 and all of your data in the blue channel (relatively easy to do with Photoshop), your printer should produce an image with only tones of blue (made by combining cyan and magenta).
first of all thanks for prompt reply,

by blue i mean Rubber stamp pad blue color, i want that blue, as you know that rubber stamp pad are pad with ink in that ....

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Offtopic:

Does your HP d 4268 INKJET use 75 (tri-color) and 74 (black) cartridges, I'm looking for information on how to refill them do you loose ink display information in the printer or not?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
imcool said:
by blue i mean Rubber stamp pad blue color, i want that blue, as you know that rubber stamp pad are pad with ink in that ....
It is doubtful that you will be able to find a blue ink to match your inkpad that will also function in your inkjet, so the most practical solution is to try to generate the desired range of colors with your printer's existing Cyan/Magenta(not red)/Yellow inks. Unfortunately, there is a good chance that the color that you want will be "out of gamut" for these inks if it is as "deep" as I remember. It would help to know:
1. Do you have access to a good scanner - preferably one that has been calibrated?
2. Your knowledge of Photoshop (or a similar image manipulation program).
3. Your knowledge of color as it relates to how it is displayed on a monitor and printer.
4. Your knowledge of how to generate a specific color in the computer, including the limitations of the color gamuts available on your monitor and printer.

If you aren't fussy about the color match, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with set of R/G/B values, but if you want a close match (e.g. you're trying to fool someone that a document has been stamped), it may not be possible without a lot of study and effort.