Please help me troubleshoot this Canon MP620 nozzle check.

balloonshark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My printer has set for a while and my yellow and PG black wasn't working. I took out the print head and cleaned it with Windex, hot water and alcohol. I gave up on filling my own cartridges so 3 of my cartridges are cheap ones from a reputable vendor on ebay. The PG black is one of my OEM refilled cartridges and not a cheap cartridge. Can you advise me with my next step to fix this PG black problem? Here is what I'm seeing after 6 nozzle checks and 2 normal (I think) cleanings. 4 of the 6 nozzle checks look exactly like this pic.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It's possible that those nozzles have been clogged for so long that now they are burnt out. Did you do any printing, other than nozzle checks, while the print head was in this condition? My suggestion is to leave your printer alone but plugged in and do a nozzle check once a day to see if any improvement follows. In my experience, if you don't see any improvement in a week, you'll probably never see any improvement.

In the meantime, if you need to print something, just tell your printer that you are printing on matte photo paper, even when you are using plain paper, and it will safely use your black dye ink cartridge. It will be slow, but at least you can use your printer without risk of burning out any pigment black nozzles. In any case, don't tell your printer you are printing on plain paper.

balloonshark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you ghwellsjr for your reply. The printer sat for a while so I don't remember trying to print anything other than nozzle checks. That is the only I have printed since cleaning the print head. I will follow your advice this week. My last nozzle check looks hopeful.