Please Help!! I have Problem my Canon MP610 Black not printing good

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello guys
thanks for all your support forgive me for my little english language
i have Canon MP610 since 3 years working pefect using INK bulk PRECISION COLORS with manual refill for 2 years now with no problem at all
recently i was printing around more than 1500 papers continously in BLACK for my wife master degree and all printing good without any issues during this i refilled the Pigmented
cart twice and the yellow once and Magenta, Cyan twice.
after one day while trying to print another bock i found that the Black printing is not good there is some light bands and dark bands repeatedly I did clean and deep clean and
alignment but still the problem present
i did clean of the printer head with hot water and hot water under pressure and dry it and after install the problem still present

i changed the carts also the problem present
SO what is the problem mostly and how can i solve it

these are pictures of my nozzle printing and one paper for example

waiting your help
thanks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Based on the appearance of the grid of the pigment ink (periodic missing lines), it looks like your printhead has developed an electrical problem. Sorry to say, you apparently need a new printhead.

Canon's parts department typically has the cheapest price.

Wayne

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mr turbguy
my printer was working very good, also now when i am printing on color mode it is perfect
i want to tell you something i noticed when i am printing black on FAST DRAFT mode it gives me this picture but when i am printing
on STANDARD Mode it disappear BUT now it is not disappear even in HIGH mode

with respect to your opinion i dont think it is electric problem as it brilliant on color mode

if some friends can help us more please?

thanks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Pigment black (PGBK) is typically only used by the printer driver during text printing (and selected B&W printing). You may be able to switch a setting in the driver to force DYE black to be used for printing text to finish you project. Perhaps by selecting a different paper type.

Anyone else know if this is possible??

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok
thanks guys
now i will do full clean for my printer including printhead, carts, purge unit and will see
but if i agree with you can you tell me WHY?
at first the printer was doing well 100%
then when printing in FAST mode it was doing like previous pic. but in NORMAL and HIGH mode is excellent
then now it becomes doing this in all types?

i want to tell you that i did not use the printer for more than 3 months
and recently i changed it to Quit mode printing

can you explain the previous this to and convince me
thanks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes it is possible to use photo black instead of pigment black in text printing.

Choose matte photo paper as printing medium in the printer properties. This will force photo black (dye) to be used instead of pigment black.

see post no 4 in the thread I linked to in my first post.

Peter

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I sure wish I knew why, too! Electrical printhead problems tend to happen very suddenly. Something within the printhead circuitry has lost the ability to completely connect to the printer, effecting an entire group of nozzles.

Inkjet printheads are subject to failure modes that are similar to integrated circuits (IC's) since they are made by a similar process. The high temperature "boiling" that occurs in the nozzle is also eventually erosive to the materials of construction. Printheads either "wear out", or fail.

I suspect that if the printer could be slowed down, printhead life could be extended, but the market wants speedy printing!

Wayne

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my MP500 printhead had a similar, exact actually, output. A replacement head and all is solved. One of the circuits within the printhead suddenly went bad.

Electronic failures can happen and this is one of them. What is odd is that the same circuit on the printhead appears to be failing. You can either as PeterBJ indicated use the photoblack cartridge and continue to print albeit slower. This printhead is still good for someone who uses their printer exclusively for photos.
Just make sure that only the photoblack dye ink is used.

If you're happy with the 610, you might strongly consider purchasing a new printhead rather than purchasing a new printer. They are good machines and better constructed than the new models. One reason why I chose to keep the MP500.

There's a reason why Canon kept the printhead as a consumer replaceable item. They break over time.

I don't know if Canon is less expensive than this.

http://officestoredepot.com/canon.aspx?gclid=CKDWjNXvnaoCFYZrKgodm0sD6w

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Printhead failures like this do happen. If you search the index of the "inkjet printers - general" forum you will find more threads like the one I linked to.

Peter.