Pixma Pro9500 Mark II - Nozzle Pattern Question

Allen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Canon printers but my employer has a Pro9500 that he would like to get up and running after a long hiatus. I've replaced all cartridges and have been cleaning the heck out of the thing and I keep getting a strange pattern from the PBK tank. It never seems to get any better despite repeated cleaning/resting cycles and I was curious if anyone could provide some insight into this problem? Thanks a million!
PBK.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Allen and welcome, first things first, stop wasting all your expensive OEM inks on trying to clean up your nozzle printout.

It’s obvious that the head has some old dried up ink inside it after its period of idealness, so the best way of cleaning it is out of the printer, remove all cartridges and cap them with the orange clips, then remove the head.

Place the head in a container (Cover the ink inlets) and put 2 cm of a warm water mix of washing up liquid (Dreft/Fairy) and Windex (10% Ammonia) and leave it to soak overnight, put the mix in the microwave to heat up (Hand warm only) Minus the head of course.

Then next day rinse the head under running water for a minute or two then dry it with a paper towel, here’s the important bit, leave it to stand somewhere in a warm place (Heated or a sunny window) for a couple of hours.

When the head has had a chance to dry properly, pop it back into the printer with the cartridges and run an ink Quality Maintenance agitation cycle followed by a normal head clean and finally a nozzle print, you should see a 100% improvement in the printouts, please report back your progress..

Capture.JPG

P.S. Had to look up " a long hiatus... :confused:

Allen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II
Hello all - just a quick update.

I've followed the instructions and, after waiting for a new set of tanks to be delivered, am headlong into the cleaning cycles to try and get things going again. Things seem to be inching closer to clean - so I'm optimistic that it will be remedied today.