Pixma Pro9000- missing channel

pozzello

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am trying to revive my old Pro9000 that has a completely missing/blank MK channel. I tried a new cartridge and went through the head cleaning process detailed in another thread - nothing. I also tried cleaning the contacts - nothing. Is it worth trying one of the refurbished heads from eBay? Or is this an electrical problem that will damage a new head?

Paul

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If this channel is totally blank after cleaning and replacing the cartridge, in all likelihood this is irreparable damage of the chip controlling the nozzles of this particular color. There’s a small chance too that the fault in the printhead has propagated to the logic board of your Pro-9000. There’s an even smaller chance that the problem is solely the printer and the printhead is fine.

Refurbished printheads from Ebay/Ali Express are a gamble with low possibilities of success. If full refund is granted in case of faulty item you can try, of course. Who knows ?.. you might be lucky. Be aware that if the logic board of the printer is damaged, another printhead would be useless, but you can’t know beforehand if this is the case.

Nevertheless, could you post a scan of a nozzle test, so we could see exactly the issue?.
I assume that the printer doesn’t gives any errors when you switched it on and can print normally (except for that missing color).

BTW. What do you mean by MK.. Black ? Magenta ?,

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am trying to revive my old Pro9000 that has a completely missing/blank MK channel.
I hate to say this but your looking at a new printer to solve your print problem, your 9000 has had it and no amount of cleaning will bring her back, and forget about the refurbished heads they too are a complete waste of time.

It’s hard to come to terms with having to put this beautiful printer in a recycle bin, but you have no alternative, you’ll just have to get over it and invest in a newer version.. Sorry.. :(
I've just got a second hand Pro 10 after my 9500's retired..

pozzello

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If this channel is totally blank after cleaning and replacing the cartridge, in all likelihood this is irreparable damage of the chip controlling the nozzles of this particular color. There’s a small chance too that the fault in the printhead has propagated to the logic board of your Pro-9000. There’s an even smaller chance that the problem is solely the printer and the printhead is fine.

Refurbished printheads from Ebay/Ali Express are a gamble with low possibilities of success. If full refund is granted in case of faulty item you can try, of course. Who knows ?.. you might be lucky. Be aware that if the logic board of the printer is damaged, another printhead would be useless, but you can’t know beforehand if this is the case.

Nevertheless, could you post a scan of a nozzle test, so we could see exactly the issue?.
I assume that the printer doesn’t gives any errors when you switched it on and can print normally (except for that missing color).

BTW. What do you mean by MK.. Black ? Magenta ?,

I meant BK, I confused the black channel with my epson. The printer doesn't give any errors. Just a completely blank bk channel.

Attachments

• 87F9ACEC-5E29-4596-8F5C-9E10C8E8866E.jpeg
    87F9ACEC-5E29-4596-8F5C-9E10C8E8866E.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 99

pozzello

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I hate to say this but your looking at a new printer to solve your print problem, your 9000 has had it and no amount of cleaning will bring her back, and forget about the refurbished heads they too are a complete waste of time.

It’s hard to come to terms with having to put this beautiful printer in a recycle bin, but you have no alternative, you’ll just have to get over it and invest in a newer version.. Sorry.. :(
I've just got a second hand Pro 10 after my 9500's retired..
It really is. I hate throwing things out and I have lots of ink left for it. I wanted to use it to print high gloss on pictorico...

How does the pro-200 compare?