Pixma Pro100 Not Working

rl1856

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
I have a Pixma Pro-100. The machine was not used very often, and has sat for a long time without use.

I recently tried to set it up with a new Win11 computer.

The printer does not work. Software installs, and delivers a B200 Error. Power and mode buttons alternate flashing white then amber. 5 times each, then a pause. Total flashes from both buttons is 10. Then the cycle starts again. The print head carriage does not move to the center when the top door is opened. In fact it does not move at all, and does not seem to move when I try to push or pull it with my hand. It remains stubbornly fixed in place under the right side of the cover.

I have tried various reset sequences.

Pulling power, then rapidly pressing the power button 5-10 times.

Pulling power, then holding the power button down for 1 min, then applying power and hold the first and second buttons down for a min.

And so on.

Nothing works.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you !

Ross

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any suggestions ?
After all your Feckin around with the printer I’m surprised it still turns on.

When you have a printer problem that is unknown to you, then that’s the time to seek advise and not take matters into your own hands, because you may have made the printer lock up and not respond to anyone other than a Canon Service Agent..

There’s no telling what state the printer is in now, and purchasing a new print head for it might prove to be a bridge to far and you could be wasting you money if the printer still remains locked after you’ve installed the new head..

The ball in in your court now, and you’ll have to make the choice, if you want to proceed any further..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Yes, purchasing a new printhead is not a guarantee that the printer will come to life again, but there's a possibility that it could.
Anyway, first thing would be to unlock the current printhead. For that, you need to remove the top cover of the printer, following the tutorial below,. It's for a Pro-100, but serves as well for a Pro-10, both printers being practically the same, concerning mechanical construction.
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-pro-100-cabinet-removal-procedure.14918/#post-129909

It seems intimidating if you haven't previous experience on these things, but If you proceed slowly following exactly the instructions, isn't that difficult. I did it myself once when I got that same B200 error and the printhead was locked. In my case, a new printhead fixed the issue, As @The Hat said, who knows what will happen with your printer.
Nevertheless, if you decide to risk purchasing another printhead, get it from a reputable source and stay away from cheap offers at Ebay/Ali-Express. Those aren't new but refurbished and probably defective to some point.

Last edited: