pixma pro 9500 not seen by Win 10 pro

Paul Mohney

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SoCal between downtown disney and down town L.A.
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000 pro Mk ii
Maybe you suffer from the heath ;).

If you have a new PRO-9500 in the box, this printer can serve you for the time to come if you take care of it.
The original 9500 model is slow, it uses more ink for cleaning than the actual models and the printhead is rather fragile too.
It was the first A3+ Canon pigment printer.

Really can't understand your relation with Microsoft.
Several forumy H members insured you this printer works on WIN10 and showed you how to install it.

They would be glad to hear everything is fine.
rly
Still can't figure why it was installed but not indicated in the process. Not that it really matters.
Having done some reading about the apparent non install,, i read page after page of canon printer owners whose canon printer drivers were knocked out by win 10 updates.
This is just cruel and unusual. The only reason i updated all this was to have functionality in Photoshop, and lightroom
If this becomes a test of wills, I'll find an OS that is Canon printer friendly
For now, it's time to load my ICCs into the printer Queue. And get on with my PS education, Xmas is like two heart beats away
The hardest part of the learning curve for me is discovering, what i need to know
For instance
Did you know you're not supposed to use a torque wrench to break bolls loose?
I've known that for like 40 years
Is blue point a good brand of tools?
In the mid 70's Chrysler products lug nuts on the LH side of the car were LH threads?
I was wondering why OEM drivers weren't behaving, the way I thought they should.
Thought maybe it was something I should know. Could be there is no answer, I'm OK with that.
I am also knee deep in learning more than I knew I wanted to know,about photo shop but in a good way.
Thanks for the help and education.
If I don't see you ,stay safe

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I would not have suspected the entire pedigree of the machine was necessary for identification.
Paul, do you know what model your printer is?

I took the time detailing driver differences between printer models for you because it may make a difference when it comes to printer driver installation and proper function of the printer.

Glad to hear your printer is functioning.

Paul Mohney

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SoCal between downtown disney and down town L.A.
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000 pro Mk ii
Pixma Pro 9000 Mark ii

Now to see if something eats the drivers.
I have delayed updates up till November to give me a chance to get feed back about what updates are hazardous to my printing processes.
It seems to be making all the appropriate noises and is happy to be printing with Photoshop again
thank-you again for your time and effort. It is very much appreciated
Time to call Red River for more paper
Paul in L.A.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Pixma Pro 9000 Mark ii
Confusion resolved. Good. The Pro 9000 Mark ii has Windows 10 compatible drivers and should install fine as long as you choose the proper version for your operating system (x86 vs x64). Since you wrote that the printer is functioning then all that's left is happy printing.

The Pro 9500 in your thread title does not natively support Windows 10. Canon stopped support at Windows 8.x. However, the Windows 8.x driver should install under Windows 10, albeit you may or may not need to use a workaround such as Compatibility Mode. You never know until you try.

I have delayed updates up till November to give me a chance to get feed back about what updates are hazardous to my printing processes.
Consider the creation and potential use of Windows 10 System Restore Points that can easily and quickly get you back up and running like nothing ever happened, including malware attacks and wonky updates.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

Latest posts