Pixma Pro 100 or Pro 10?

MarienPhotography

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looking for it :)
Happy to see that it generates so much traction and interest.

I'm reading it attentively and discover lots of new words :)

I think it's also lot of care and tips and tricks for both models. Lot of different POV and sometime contradictory advices...

One clear thing is that for both I need to use the printer to avoid potential issues.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
As long as you have proper inks in the Canon pigment ink printers, generally they can be left for months without clogging. ( That is not to say you should as while it is possible it is not recommended to be a routine thing) I have proven this to myself on the 9500, Pro-10, Pro-1 and Pro-1000.....which were left for nearly 6 months. Yes it will use more ink at startup after rest periods but hey you'd expect that. Just use the printers are they are and for the 9500, Pro-10 you can reset and refill all to minimize ink waste but for the other models, don't obsess over it. Just use them and enjoy. Also don't bother scouring the internet trying to find ways to "defeat" the ink use because 1. You are likely not to find any that actually works....Life is worth living 2. If you do, you risk losing the printhead to save some ink and who would agree with that tradeoff. You need to trust the engineers who have designed these machines.

The Pro-100 still has a special place as they can give visual pop on images that pigment cannot. It all depends on what you want from your printing and only you can decide...Dye ink printing has a place and so does pigment. Hence the reason why Canon makes both.

Edit: