Pixma Pro-100 Flashing Orange 3 Times - Line feed or LF drive?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
I received a Pro-100 that I successfully restored and sent off to what I thought was it's forever home. The customer said the orange light is flashing three times. I received the return back and sure enough the orange is flashing three times while the white light stays solid. I've never seen that error before. I looked in the manual and it's saying something about a LF Drive or Line Feed Error. Where is the LF drive on this printer? I've tried blasting it with air and wiping the clear belt strip of plastic with windex and I still have the orange light three times. Has anyone else dealt with this before?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If the orange led flashes and the power led stays solid, then it's not a service call error but operator call error and you should be able to fix it.
I don't have a manual for the Pro100 but on other Canon printers, when the orange led flashes three times it means paper jam or front door closed. Incidentally, I had a similar error on my Pro10 a few days ago and indeed it was a paper jam (my fault for using some sheets with wrinkled edges).
Just open the printer tray as if you were replacing a cartridge and check inside for fragments of ragged paper that might be stuck in there, blocking the advance of regular sheets. Move the carriage left or right if necessary, in order to have a clear view of the inside.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I've been getting Error 1300 Paper Jam on the computer after hooking it up. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find any paper in the printer. I've pulled thick cardstock through the printer a couple times. Making sure to get to the edges and It's still giving me the three flash 1300 error.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Try holding the Resume button in for 3 seconds..
I did that and see that it does an initial reset of lights before the 3 orange flashes begin again. I'm getting really baffled by this phantom paper jam.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm getting really baffled by this phantom paper jam.
It’s also possible that there’s some other foreign objects in the paper feed area, like hair clips safety pins or paper clips, so try turning the printer upside down and giving it a good shake..

P.S. The only other thing that may cause this error to remain permanent is the other operator got a paper jam and decided to pull the paper from the printer backwards, instead of pulling / pushing forwards , that can damage the paper sensor. Time to have a cheat with the recipient..

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
It’s also possible that there’s some other foreign objects in the paper feed area, like hair clips safety pins or paper clips, so try turning the printer upside down and giving it a good shake..

P.S. The only other thing that may cause this error to remain permanent is the other operator got a paper jam and decided to pull the paper from the printer backwards, instead of pulling / pushing forwards , that can damage the paper sensor. Time to have a cheat with the recipient..
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail the possible issues with the 3 lights flashing. I had a very interesting scenario last night involving a different PRO-100 printer that I've been using for holiday cards. I was getting ready to start printing so I turned the printer on and noticed the paper feeder tray slammed forward on the bottom and now this printer had 3 lights flashing! I couldn't believe it because I was literally printing with it not even an hour prior.

I took this opportunity to investigate where the bottom paper feed panel slammed forward. I gently rolled the rubber paper feed roll forward until the paper tray went to the flat position like normal and then powered it off and back on. The lights flashing were gone.

Thinking I found the solution to my problem, I powered the one with the problem up and started messing around with the roller and paper tray. The grey rubber roller on the problematic one spins like a high speed bearing. Like it's spinning freely. And it doesn't adjust the paper feeder tray at all.

I haven't fully figured it out yet. But I feel like this was a major clue.

Update: Now both printers grey rubber paper roller are spinning freely. The one I've been using still works and I'm still getting the 3 flashes on the returned one. The plot thickens haha. I'll keep you guys updated.

Also @The Hat , Do you know where the paper sensor is located on the Pro-100? I've looked through the service manual but came up short.

Last edited: