Pixma Pro-100 Bad Nozzle Check

ren262

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Hello,

So I have a Pixma Pro-100 that is roughly 5 years old. It's had pretty regular use up until about a year ago. Never had an issue. I pulled it out to use again last week after a little over a year of no use. I do a nozzle check and I'm not getting PC, M, Y or PM showing at all.

I pulled the head out and let the lower part sit in water over night, dry it out all the next day, try again, same thing.

I try another method I saw in a youtube vid where you blow compressed air into the nozzles. No change

I last tried leaving the head sitting in an ammonia cleaner over night, dried it out again and same results.

Is there anything else to try or is it junk now?

FYI, my black ink just ran out on this last test I have scanned and attached. Don't have a replacement atm

TIA for any help

Attachments

• img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 333

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@ren262, it maybe that you might have over do it with your cleaning method, I don’t honestly know.

The two things you could try now would be to replace the carts that are not printing at all and or run 1 deep cleaning cycle followed by an nozzle check, if nothing at all is showing up then your only choice is to replace the print head.. Sorry..

ren262

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
3 of them were brand new cartridges. I've run some many nozzle checks and cleans already... Yea I think it's done. Oh well. I got plenty of use out of it and made plenty money from all the prints I've sold lol Thanks for the reply