Pixma MP760

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have just bought a Pixma MP 760 via E-bay Auction with a 75 mile drive to collect it. It is in pristine external condition but I only saw a copy made on the scanner The seller said there was some colour errors and had installed a new PG Black and done a head clean. I accepted this I had paid very little $8 plus 13 other carts 9 of which are Black. All are compatibles of various makes but mostly IJT.

Now I have downloaded the software for Windows 7 and got the M/C going. There seems to be a problem with the Magenta. Multiple cleans both standard and deep eventually get me a good nozzle printout, but one page later its gone again. As well as plain paper I tried the Red Dahlia in the Windows Pictures Folder. One half of a 6x4" is perfect the other half is yellow and green.

I have now taken the printhead out and given it the Window cleaner/distilled water treatment and am waiting for it to dry as recommended by ghwellsjr I previously did a HP one but installed it in wet as suggested by Panos but subsequently could not get it to align. However HP to their credit did replace it.

Another point on the 760 which concerns me is that I cannot see the foam parking pad has anybody got a picture of its position,
there is a frame in about the right place but difficult to get a torch in there. Would its omission cause these blockages ? I was told the printer had not been used for several weeks.

Many thanks to ghwellsjr for his excellent explanation as to how the Printhead on this and other Canons operate. After I have re-installed the Printhead and if it is still not showing a good nozzle check I will upload an example. Also is there a way to establish How many pages have been printed ? with all these black carts I wondered if the guy had been printing reams and reams of black text.

barfl2

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The most important parameter in evalutating a printer is how full the waste ink pads are which you can determine by doing the extended nozzle check.

Some of the other functions that you can print while you are in this mode will tell you how many pages have been printed but you'll have to experiment with the buttons to find it.

When colors quit working it is usually due to a bad ink cartridge, try another.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
ghwellsjr thank you for your reply I have carried out the extended nozzle test as suggested which is hopefully is attached. I also changed the part-used magenta cart as suggested this tnen restored that colour. Then Cyan ran out fitted a new one but nozzle check showed blank cyan. tried cleaning but with only marginal improvement. Again fitted another new one and it now seems o.k..

Printed 2 good test 6x4" today and several text pages. could be ink starvation? or carts out of date. They are not marked but previous owner assured me less than 6months old,

Assuming it stays alright need to find some empty BCI-6 and BCI -3eBK carts get some good ink and start re-filling.

Hope my uploads work my first attempt would appreciate your comments thanks once again for your unstinting help.

barfl2