PIXMA MP560 printing crooked/slanted

dri

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi there, my MP560 is printing perfectly in every respect except the right place on the page. Print-outs are slightly slanted (ie. margins look crooked.

Any suggestions? Having tried a few of the maintenance exercises some time ago (can't remember which) I've just performed roller cleaning and it's still the same. Nozzle check fine apart from the crookedness.

Would very much appreciate your help!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Check the rear tray and see how the paper aligns to the guides on the left. If it is fed crooked it, it will look crooked on the printout. Check to make sure the paper guides actually guides the sheet and there is no slack on the sides.

dri

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, milkling.

Well, this is completely embarrassing. I am not normally totally illiterate in these things, but I checked the rear tray as you suggested (I never use it) and it printed fine. So I looked at the cassette and realized the gray aligner to the side was not holding the paper in place (it's in the same place as always, but it used to print fine). So I moved it into place, and hey presto, printing perfectly again.

Very embarrassing. Thanks a lot!