PIXMA iP4200 CD Printing, double sided

webmanoffesto

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone out there using the iP4200 for double sided printing and for printing CDs.

Are you satisfied with it?

How does it do CDs? Do you just put the CD on a special tray?

Tom

webmanoffesto

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I also want to know if people are successfully refilling the ink tanks at home and how much it costs.

gean

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Tom

I just purchased a ip4200 printer. My i850 just quit.

I have printed 4 dvd so far, and it a CRYIING shame that canon hasn't released it in the US. I would bet that everyone who purchase it would be willing to add 10/15 dollars more for the feature. (Note I got the information from on how to set up the cd printing from http://fiveeasysteps.proboards2.com/index.cgi#news. I then ordered a tray from e-bay. I ordered it from Engleand, because he had the mini cd/business card offere in it. I cost me under two dollar more that getting it from someone in US, which didn't have the min cd/business card with theres. It worked the first time it use it. GREAT. Also got it in 7 days.)

As far as the double side printing, I haven't used it yet but have had a printer in the past that did it and its great; when your doing a easy-web print (a feature of canon) i have it set to duplex.

Yes i'am very satisfied with it....i was going to get the ip4300, which i was going to get but i got such a good deal on the ip4200. I was even going to order another on because of cost....but there all gone. I will ge the ip4300, after first of year.

Now for a few thing that i really like. First it has two paper paths. One from the top, and one like a hp from the bottem. I use the bottome feature for just printing paper, and the top for photo and other paper. Why do i like this because the printer is closed up which keeps dust out. When i use the printer i just have to open the paper receiving tray.

What i don't like i have been refilling cartirges since the bjc600 printer. I have had five printer from canon over the years. Even thoe they chiped the cartriges i still feel it cheeper. I will reload them when the times comes. I hope someone come up with a chip resitter.

I hope this helps you in some way.

gean