Photofrost "power flush" printhead cleaner

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The solid tubing slips into the flexible tubing to give it some support to easily attach. The Aquarium tubing goes over the inlet port.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Something that hasn't been mentioned in all of this but relevant is the "Patience required" aspect...

If the printhead in question has been sat around for ages or has developed a complete clog (like the infamous Yellow incidents) then an appropriate period of allowing things to soak is definitely required.

One of the biggest causes of failed printheads and/or cleaning attempts is impatience.

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
Something that hasn't been mentioned in all of this but relevant is the "Patience required" aspect...

If the printhead in question has been sat around for ages or has developed a complete clog (like the infamous Yellow incidents) then an appropriate period of allowing things to soak is definitely required.

One of the biggest causes of failed printheads and/or cleaning attempts is impatience.
Some of the cyan nozzles in my printhead may be clogged for over 2 years. What might an appropriate period be to let my printhead soak in unclogging solution? A whole day, or a couple of days?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
inkoholic said:
Some of the cyan nozzles in my printhead may be clogged for over 2 years. What might an appropriate period be to let my printhead soak in unclogging solution? A whole day, or a couple of days?
I had a CX6600 that had been sat with its durabrite pigment "clog me silly" ink in it for nigh on 18 months and that required 2 days and a few pad changes... Cyan Dye ink is a whole different beast and easier to shift... I'd say you're looking at 24 hours but be prepared to repeat as required.

You can't hurt the printhead by leaving it in the solution for longer so being extra patient just helps that bit more.

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
inkoholic said:
I had a CX6600 that had been sat with its durabrite pigment "clog me silly" ink in it for nigh on 18 months and that required 2 days and a few pad changes... Cyan Dye ink is a whole different beast and easier to shift... I'd say you're looking at 24 hours but be prepared to repeat as required.

You can't hurt the printhead by leaving it in the solution for longer so being extra patient just helps that bit more.
Good to hear there's still hope for the old lady. What do you mean by pad changes? Folded paper towels that are soaked with Windex?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
inkoholic said:
Good to hear there's still hope for the old lady. What do you mean by pad changes? Folded paper towels that are soaked with Windex?
Sorry... just seen this... Yes, that's what I meant...

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Would sucking up the liquid using a syringe be dangerous to the print head?

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Nah! Don't apply anything than light pressure. Better using passive pressure or gravity. Pull or push, same I think.

Did someone say on the forum: "patience is the key"??

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.

Depends on the cleaner used, some can damage the head if left longer than 10minutes. And for some reason I can find supposedly complete range on OCP cleaning fluids in russian sites, but on on ocp.de (the manufacturer) or ebay etc.

Anyone knows why is that?

OCP RSL, OCP RSL concentrate, OCP LCFIII, OCP NRS, OCP ECI, OCP CISS, OCP CFR, OCP PIW

Attachments

• 0_231a1_bc388e84_-1-L.jpg
    0_231a1_bc388e84_-1-L.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 380

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I've submerged Canon print heads in Original Windex for a week with no apparent .

Wayne