Photo black ink can you use it instead of Pigment black

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have a surplus of BK ink can I fill a purged PGBK cart and use it on my Pixma MP620 without causing any damage. And would I need to flush out the PGBK channel on the print head?

Using I.S. inks with OEM carts

plain paper setting documents etc not bothered about the possibility of using highlighters.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
barfl2 said:
I have a surplus of BK ink can I fill a purged PGBK cart and use it on my Pixma MP620 without causing any damage. And would I need to flush out the PGBK channel on the print head?

Using I.S. inks with OEM carts

plain paper setting documents etc not bothered about the possibility of using highlighters.
I always used photo black in my pigment carts till I was introduced to KMP pigment black by Martin in Octoinkjet.

I printed thousands with it and I am still using the same cartridges and printers
so I can say without dough that it doesnt cause any damage to the print head or the cartridges either.

I didnt bother to purge the black cartridge first, I just refilled on top of the pigment ink with no issues,
but when I went back to using pigment black that is when I purged each of the cartridges.. :)

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
The Hat Thanks for the info. not going to do anything till current PGBK runs out.