Perinter unclog price?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hi, I have questions about how much is it worth to charge a customer on a service to unclog a print head?

I was thinking to use hourly rate, but it makes no sense since it will be more expensive than to buy new printer.
I was thinking about using 20% prom price paid for the printer, still makes no sense in certain situations it's too much work in others too cheap.

So I ended for a price system like this:

Price to unclog a printer will be determined this way:

1. Price for materials like unclog liquid used for project etc. that you calculate yourself
If you have CMYK printer and black is not working then price will be:
2. Price for new black printer cartridge.

So it looks like this:
1.1$
2.12/15$

To fix a printer with 1 clogged color not printing it would cost = 13/16$ when new print head costs ~50$ + shipping.

For pixma 6 ink printers most of the time photo color has some problems, since ink cartridge costs 12/15$ then unclog would cost 15/16$ if your cyan or magenta photo nozzles are clogged.

If you have more than 3 colors not working for printer where ink cost 12/15$ and new head 50$ it becomes not worth to deal with unclogging as it will be cheaper to buy new printhead.

If you can suggest better price policy please do :)

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Like Arthur Entlich does for Epson users on the printer newsgroup, I would make available to them the list of instructions and home materials to unclog Canon printheads themselves. Anything you can do successfully for $!5 can be done by a moderately capable person at home. That is precisely what this forum is about.

I do appreciate your effort to take this simple task out of the hands of a printer repair facility, where a customer is charged as much or more than the value of most of today's printers. There is also a fair amount of judgement required to move to the next step when simple, quick efforts don't work. It is also crazy that the cost, in a repair facility, would almost always surpass the cost of a replacement printhead. Nonetheless, I'd still encourage the printer owner to take some initiative and try first.

KatManDEW

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
How can I unclog a head on a Canon i9900? My yellow isn't working. I've tried a new cartridge. Deep cleaning the devil out of it. And even placing a few drops of ink on the pad under the cartdridge to prime it.

THanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
KatManDEW said:
How can I unclog a head on a Canon i9900? My yellow isn't working. I've tried a new cartridge. Deep cleaning the devil out of it. And even placing a few drops of ink on the pad under the cartdridge to prime it.

THanks.
Rather than put ink on the pad under the cartridge, I would put Windex on the prime pads where the print head parks. Open the lid so the head will move to the middle, then use a syringe or a straw to flood the pads with Windex. Then do a deep cleaning and repeat until progress is made or you give up.

The reason for doing this is to make sure that the tubing from the bottom of the pads that goes through the peristaltic pump is clear and working. The Windex will also soak up into the nozzles at the bottom of the head. I have successfully used this technique to unclog a print head on a printer that I bought on eBay that didn't have any cartridges in it.

baapprinter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5000 laser
Hi, I have questions about how much is it worth to charge a customer on a service to unclog a print head?

I was thinking to use hourly rate, but it makes no sense since it will be more expensive than to buy new printer.
I was thinking about using 20% prom price paid for the printer, still makes no sense in certain situations it's too much work in others too cheap.

So I ended for a price system like this:

Price to unclog a printer will be determined this way:

1. Price for materials like unclog liquid used for project etc. that you calculate yourself
If you have CMYK printer and black is not working then price will be:
2. Price for new black printer cartridge.

So it looks like this:
1.1$
2.12/15$

To fix a printer with 1 clogged color not printing it would cost = 13/16$ when new print head costs ~50$ + shipping.

For pixma 6 ink printers most of the time photo color has some problems, since ink cartridge costs 12/15$ then unclog would cost 15/16$ if your cyan or magenta photo nozzles are clogged.

If you have more than 3 colors not working for printer where ink cost 12/15$ and new head 50$ it becomes not worth to deal with unclogging as it will be cheaper to buy new printhead.

If you can suggest better price policy please do :)
you can check it on printer repair dubai