PCWorlds article The Best Deals on Printer Ink

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
PCWorlds article The Best Deals on Printer Ink

Here is the address:

www.pcworld.com/article/252967/the_best_deals_on_printer_ink.html#tk.hp_fv

I will let the article speak for itself except to say that Canons PIXMA MG4120 has black ink that rates as the most expensive. I guess Canon wants everybody to go to third party ink. Canon is shooting itself in the foot!!!!

Thank you.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Does anybody think any of those prices are anything but fiction? I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I've been doing quite a bit of printing lately, and I've been keeping records. I printed a bunch of pages in big batches, and they indeed worked out to about $.07 or $.08 per page, compared to the promised $.05. But when looking at ink consumption over a few months, it was around $.35 per page. (That's assuming I was using OEM ink, but of course I refill.)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If anybody thinks that OEM ink is cheap then they should continue to buy lots of it, their welcome to it.
All the manufactures charge way over the top for their brand of inks and nearly everybody knows that, nearly.

If anyone who says that Kodak is the cheapest printer for black text they are perfectly right,
you only have to look at the output to see why its deplorable.

On the other hand good quality 3rd party inks are tremendous value for money and cannot be beaten on price or quality,
then the other side of the same coin are the chestiest of cheap inks which are a waste of good money.

To sum up anyone can believe the manufactures; the magazine articles or the good guys here on Nifty-Stuff
either ways the choice is purely down to the individual, choose wisely its your money.

This is of course is my own totally biased opinion and therefore should be taken with a grain of salt if you dont agree with it..
Happy Printing.:)