Parting a PRO-100. Are there any parts of value other than the printhead and AC power adapter?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
So I'm starting to think that I've been scammed by a previous customer. I packed and shipped a working printer. They reported that the printer only displayed three flashing amber lights and wouldn't do anything until that was resolved. Yet the printer had ink around the edge on the bottom of the printhead. It shouldn't of had any ink if it can't do anything until the 3 amber flashing lights was resolved.

I'm going to part it out. Is there anything of value to PRO-100 users other than the printhead and AC power adapter? Trying to make up for this loss. Thanks in advance :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It shouldn't of had any ink if it can't do anything until the 3 amber flashing lights was resolved.
Did you ever think that the customer might have substituted his non-working Pro 100 printer for the one you sent to him, and sent that back by claiming it was faulty..

That might explain the dirty print head.. :ep

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Not very kind from this buyer.

I have my printers registered at the Canon website just as all my photo gear.
Serials numbers help to prove ownership.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have my printers registered at the Canon website
Me on the other hand, have never registered any of my Canon printers over the years, and I have never found that a disadvantage in any way, maybe I’ve been luck, but I did have issues with some of my printers that were outside Canon remit to help with..

Mostly the printers worked without issues but that’s no guarantee that I can work with the printers, they can either love me or piss me off, thankfully I’ve had a very good love life..

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
Did you ever think that the customer might have substituted his non-working Pro 100 printer for the one you sent to him, and sent that back by claiming it was faulty..

That might explain the dirty print head.. :ep
Certainly did! At this point I'm just trying to make the best of the situation. I take pictures of the shipping label next to a specific number or letter written on the bottom in a dark paint marker from now on. That way I'll know if they do the switcheroo. I can still fetch over $200 from the printhead and power adapter alone to help recover the sale. I can never seem to resolve the three amber light ghost printer jams with these printers. Epson has been a breeze on the other hand.

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I'm going to part it out. Is there anything of value to PRO-100 users other than the printhead and AC power adapter? Trying to make up for this loss. Thanks in advance
Have a look at the parts being sold on Ebay. Thst should give you a good idea of what parts are worth advertising ;)