Paper Storage

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Paper related - what do you use for storing all the different types of paper you use? I only have 3 or 4 different sizes & weights and am already struggling to keep them from getting damaged (in a busy workshop) and am about to start getting into semi-gloss and matt finishes too, so will probably end up with 10 or so types of paper.

Do you have any ingenious storage solutions for me?

Thanks,

Dan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you open all of the paper wrappers carefully you can then reseal them and just leave the ends of the reams open and visible, they then can be stacked on top of each other neatly for easy use later.. :)

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I find with a mix of A4, A3, 5x7, 4x6 plus the laminating pouches and paraphernalia stacking them all on top of each other isn't working well.

I wondered about something like this:

kit_e_paper_650.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That’s a great way to stack all of your papers, but you’ll have to label every shelf to identify which paper is which, plus if you don’t have a heated environment the paper may end up suffering from buckles and waves if there is too much moisture in the room.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have AC in the shop so that keeps it fairly dry as it goes through a de-humidify stage every few hours.

I might try and find a shelf thing rather than a trolley. I do enjoy buying things, I enjoy it more when they are a business expense too :D