Paper disappeared into Canon Pixma ix6550

ThreeBearsPrints

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ix6550
I've (possibly rather foolishly) been printing onto rice paper - extremely thin paper - and a piece has completely disappeared into my Canon Pixma ix6550.

It was a custom size piece - 8cm x 15cm. I'd had no problems printing on custom smaller sizes of rice paper before - but unfortunately, this piece crumpled up on its way in, and I can't see it at all now to pull it out.

The only thing I could think of doing was to try and flush it out with another bit of (standard A4) paper - so this goes through ok and even prints fine - but once it pops out, I get a paper jam message.

I'm a bit stumped. I can't see anything at all near the print head.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Marliese

ThreeBearsPrints

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ix6550
Just in case anyone ever faces the same problem ....and who knows if this is a good idea or not ... but I lifted the cover which seemed to clear the paper jam message. I put in an A4 piece of paper to print something simple and standard. As it was going through, I pulled the paper up a bit - an amazingly, the piece of jammed paper came back out with it.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
In the future you might try taping the rice paper to a leading piece of ordinary paper.