Pandoras Box or a Treasure?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Does is make sense?
It may - HP Vivera pigment inks come in various cartridge sizes - the HP91 carts are filled with 775 ml which can give you a price benefit vs. smaller ones. but there are additional questions

- is your printer able to handle this ink type

- are you able to get hte ink out of the HP 91 cart

- are you able to get that ink into the carts you are using with your printer

- are you able to reset those carts or otherweise tell the printer firmware/driver the ink level status so that the driver/firmware is not blocking your printer because of a cartridge assumed empty or missing

I'm not familiar with HP printers and refill beyond these general statements

EhEhRawnn

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Z3100
I just purchased a HP Z3100 at an estate sale for $24, and came across this thread. Hoping to get this thing working, and figured I'd check to see if any of you guys had tried those refillable cartridges with the ARC auto-reset chip? All I know about printers is what I've learned researching this thing. I'm afraid I may have gotten in a bit over my head. Assuming I can get this thing printing, I'll probably just be using it for friends and family. It powers on just fine, started with me replacing the Gloss Enhancer cartridge, now it's saying 4 other cartridges are empty. Otherwise it seems fine, everything seems to move ok, it loads paper without a problem, turns on with no issues. I just don't know how much I want to sink into this for fun.