P600 Possible Loos of Prime, One Color

Greatwhitewing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor P600
Hi, I may have accidentally (actually daughter using printer) may have let one color run out. Using PC inks and cartridges from their site. Printer has sat idle for a while too while a host of other emergencies were dealt with leaving no time for printing.

Nozzle check shows most colors with perfect to small skips except one color (fourth from left, not in front of printer now) Completely blank. Ran 2 cleaning cycles, refilled ink carts so another cleaning cycle. I am hesitant to do any more. Just my luck today I would have a flood of ink out the bottom of my printer.

Open to suggestions on how to remedy. Tried google searches but not having any success with that growing wasteland of irrelevant information.

Thanks for enduring my mini rant.

Greatwhitewing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor P600
Problem solved.
The VM channel did have air in it. I tried the wet paper towel on platen procedure first with no change at all. Bought the Epson setup utility from 2manuals.com and ran the initial purge routine right after a nozzle check still showing completely blank VM channel. After the priming and approx. 10ml of ink later the nozzle check pattern was perfect. Refilled carts next and reset chips using PC resetter. Of course got the ominous warnings about non-Epson carts but I like to live dangerously. Ran another nozzle check, perfect. Ran the purge sheet from Qimage (all colors) and a few heavy Magenta prints and looked pretty good for un-calibrated monitor and PC ICC printer profile for my Epson glossy paper.

On the plate is monitor/camera/printer profiling... More money..lol