Owing to common interests

LAV8ORG

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
from epson 9900 to canon selph
Hello. My own interest in printing is a recent development, a consequence of wanting to see my mathematical renderings in full scale and being too broke to pay a shop for such. Being inclined to push all the limits and not hesitant to tear things apart, it wasn't long before I was familiar with this forum. Between thrift store finds and lucky connections I now have 15 printers: 2 wide format 9900s, 1 monochrome laser, 2 3D printers (well, these precede the rest by a ways), 3 cannon selphies, and 7 letter wides, 2 with CISs.

Coincidentally, my family has some place in the annals of digital printing, as my parents founded a company around the time wide and grand format machines first hit the market, and by chance came to possess one of the first to reach the US. It was a Vutek solvent printer, if memory serves. That company grew to become the second largest billboard shop in the US for a time. Through this I was exposed to some of the major developments in printing, such as 6 color processes and UV cured ink. Thus, it's quite ironic that my interest would blossom a decade after the business was sold!