Opinions on HP 2135

LW1ECP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet 3050
Hi! I am about to purchase this machine and wanted to know comments from other owners.
My main interest is in knowing how friendly it is about being syringe refilled by myself.
I previously owned a HP4180 (21 & 22 cartridges) and a DJ3050 (122 cartridges), and noted the 122s required quite more air purging after being refilled.
- Are the HP 664 cartridges easily refillable?
- Do they have a chip?
- Is there adequate room for hoses if I wanted to add a continuous feed system?
Alternative printers hints are welcome.
Thank you!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@LW1ECP, You are probably very loyal to the HP brand but when it comes to printing and easy refilling then Canon is a head of the game in that dept. with Epson biting at its heals.

Check out the Canon Maxify, there are several models and prices to choose from with all the bells and whistles you could ever want in a printer, but best of all it is easy refillable... ;)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Hi! I am about to purchase this machine and wanted to know comments from other owners.
My main interest is in knowing how friendly it is about being syringe refilled by myself.
I previously owned a HP4180 (21 & 22 cartridges) and a DJ3050 (122 cartridges), and noted the 122s required quite more air purging after being refilled.
- Are the HP 664 cartridges easily refillable?
- Do they have a chip?
- Is there adequate room for hoses if I wanted to add a continuous feed system?
Alternative printers hints are welcome.
Thank you!

I also recommend you look at the Maxify range. I replaced an All in One with the MB5150 last week and am very pleased with it.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
I had a Canon prior to the 8600 and I was much happier with it because it was easier to refill. My next will be a Canon.
I also bought an HP laptop. My first and my last. The HD died in well less than a year and I lost Windows 8 in the transition because I am not a Windoze person so did not know I could lose it when I switched HDs.

Funny I thought that HP was quality.

LW1ECP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet 3050
The Hat, Redbrickman, Flyboy, many thanks for your points of view! My very 1st printer was a Canon 1000, worked good but that *particular* model accepted one black OR one colour cartridge and simulated black by mixing CMY.
When the cartridges wore out I purchased a HP4180, keeps working like marvel up to today at my daughter's home, and easy to refill.
So I purchased a DJ3050 for myself, worked good until yesterday when some smoke came out...
Canon here is a rarity, a search for Multifunction Inkjet in the local eBay gives 664 results for HP, 562 for Epson, 47 for Brother and 29 for Canon. Most people I know prefer Epson because cartridges are cheaper. I prefer HP because the head is built in the cartridge, so if it gets clogged there's no need to dismantle the printer.
This was true 10 years ago. Please tell me, has the scenario changed? Does Epson market printers with tank/head combos, and don't give headaches with a f****ng chip?

LW1ECP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet 3050
Redbrickman, The Hat: the Canon Maxify MB5150 seems to be a heavy duty machine, for office use, and prices I found abroad (it doesn't exist here) are more than twice the local price for a HP or Epson. My need is modest, occasionally a few pages a day. And when the cartridges eventually cease to work I would have to import them too. Thank you anyway!

LW1ECP

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet 3050
Off-topic: yes, I am loyal to HP even before they produced printers and x86 computers, even before my HP34 calculator. The very desktop I am writing this with is a heavy HP-Compaq D530, working since 2006, my wife had an identical one until a lightning stroke killed it. But through your opinions it seems HP is no longer up to its fame, so I am open to abandon my loyalty! ;-)

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
Epson L series or ET series are good alternative , they are chipless and have good capacity external ink tank which allow to print 6000-7000 pages before you need to refill again. you can use 3rd party ink, and reset the ink level counter with wic reset utility for free, better than hp printers which uses ink cart.664 which is of very small capacity (2ml).if you buy hp printer then this site may be of interest.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/for-hp-664-ink-cartridge-chip_60536688172.html

Last edited:

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
LW1ECP,
My HP 8600 has ink tanks for each colour and a separate printhead. The printhead is easy to remove and clean.

Thanks to the other posters also, I appreciate the info.

Latest posts