Opening up i250 and cleaning wasted ink pad

Adamj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello

I have had my i250 over two years and it has been a fantastic little printer. the other week the software told me the "Wasted ink tank is almost full" and would let me proceed to print after pressing the resume button but after a few days the printer would not print out due to wasted ink tank being full. Now i currently use the temp reset fix so i can continue printing.

I would like some assistance/help/links etc on how to open up i250 and clean the wastepad(s), as it prints out just as good as the day i bought it and the ink is dirt cheap.

Thank you

lxjoao

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi, i had the same situation. i cleaned the ink pads, not the "tank". Then i tried to reset the waste ink tank counter, with all the little helpful instructions i found in this forum. But it didnt work.

I followed this:

Start with the printer OFF

1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME (while still holding down the POWER)
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. The green light will blink and the printer will make some noise. Wait until this is finished, you are now in the

printer's diagnostic mode.

My i250 continues to blink seven time orange, - it seems not possible to enter programming/ data functions.

I tried it with the printer-head in and out.

I found some posts with a link to the fixyourownprinter.com forum, but today, - this site is down.,

So, anybdy can telll me the secret of the i250?