Online Labels photo labels and pigment inks

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck with Online Labels' products so far. Partially due to me not using them "as intended" but still kind of annoying. I have an Epson R220 modified to use pigment inks (from Inkjet Carts). I ordered samples of the waterproof inkjet paper a few years ago. I wasn't expecting miracles, but the ink immediately rubbed off when touched after it got wet. I guess this would work for a sticker posted outside but definitely not for custom wine and water bottle labeling. Their response was that it had not been tested with that kind of ink. The second sample I used my R340 with OEM ink and it still rubbed off. They recommended trying a different brand printer, so I never bought any. I bought a full pack of the gold foil last year (they only had laser media until just last month) and it did not work in a Xerox laser copier. Their reply was that it was not intended for use in commercial copiers, only home printers. It does work "okay" with my b/w HP (I think the toner rubs off too easily) and I finally found a Konica Minolta color copier that it works with. I had better results with the laser waterproof paper, that seems to work okay with the K-M copier as well. Didn't even bother trying it with the Xerox.

Now I want to buy inkjet photo labels. Has anyone had any experience using this and Epson pigment refill ink? I know pigments aren't really meant for glossy paper but as long as it doesn't rub off I don't care whether it's shiny or not, I just want high resolution capability and most "matte" labels aren't much better than printing on plain paper. Also wondering if anyone's tried the inkjet gold and silver foils yet.