"Old timey man" just getting into this here...........

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
How do i send a PM to members here?

thx
-mike
OK Mike,
Just click once on the name of the person that you want to send the message too under their Avatar and then click Start Conversation That’s it..

PM\'s.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
......I'm spending much time reading the various threads about the 100 and ink refilling so i'll most likely have some questions in regards to the 100 soon.
So far, things like "clogged Pro 100 head" threads concern me a bit, so i'll wait to ask until i read those threads thoroughly to ask.

regards,
-mike

The Canon OEM CLI-42 Yellow ink can react with refill ink or even plain water used to flush the cartridge and form a gel that can clog the print head. It is recommended that the CLI-42 Y cartridge is not refilled. Instead the use of a cleaned and relabelled CLI-8 cartridge with a CLI-42 Y chip attached is recommended. For chip transfer see this.

Here and here are threads with more info about the gelling problem.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
Peter and Hat,

i really appreciate the help thus far on using this forum and the knowledge shared here.
Hat has messaged me back in regards to the yellow CLI-42 and Peter with your links to the issue has made it real easy for me to just toss the OEM yellow.
I's also purchased a second set of OEm carts and will be buying Mikling's setup for the pro.
Just did my first set of carts for the i900D and find enjoyment in doing so............Mikling's kit and video make this all a lot of fun..................off to see what prints look like:ya