OK I give up

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have just now put in my first refilled tank in my MP830. I could print from my computer, but now I received a fax and I get the message on the printer, but not the computer that ink is low and the fax is stored. How do I override this? Thanks.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jtl said:
I have just now put in my first refilled tank in my MP830. I could print from my computer, but now I received a fax and I get the message on the printer, but not the computer that ink is low and the fax is stored. How do I override this? Thanks.
Not 100% but basically you have to force the printer to decide the cartridge is completely out of ink and then give you the "out of warranty" message so it turns off ink monitoring and you can continue to print.

Got an MP830 myself and that's been able to cope with it all..

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
websnail said:
Not 100% but basically you have to force the printer to decide the cartridge is completely out of ink and then give you the "out of warranty" message so it turns off ink monitoring and you can continue to print.
Really? Does it also work with the PGI-5? I think I've read somewhere that even if you disable the ink monitor faxes will not be printed automatically anymore, but I'm not sure about this.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Defcon2k said:
websnail said:
Really? Does it also work with the PGI-5? I think I've read somewhere that even if you disable the ink monitor faxes will not be printed automatically anymore, but I'm not sure about this.
In truth I don't use the fax side of things so I couldn't confirm this but the only way to find out is to try it...

If you find it does indeed do that then you simply need to buy a new PGI-5 cartridge and use that instead..