[offtopic] Water filter, why not for sale in California ?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Not printer related.

I bought an InstaPure F-8C water filter for a relative who requested a filter to reduce "as many contaminants as possible". She lives in an area where the water is not of the highest quality and she, like most people there, drinks and cooks with bottled water.

She is already using the filter and is very happy with the taste. However I noticed that this particular filter is marked "NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA" while cheaper versions for the same company are not restricted. Of course my relative lives in Greece but I'd like to know the reasons preventing sale in California. Does it reduce something that's not meant to be reduced ?

slocumeddie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
California has tougher laws than the "Feds" regarding lead content in plumbing fittings(but state legislators in Sacramento usually

have their collective heads up their............"posteriors"). Don't worry PANOS.........the product is ok in 48 states and the District of Columbia and the rest of the occupied world, but not in California and Vermont...!!! :barnie

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
This link explains why it makes business sense for some companies to abandon the California market rather than meet their rules and regulations for water filters.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Panos:

Understand that America is going nutz. In California and other states, children's lemonade stands have been shut down by authorities for trying to sell lemonade without a business license. It's a rare occurrence but is symptomatic of the idiocy befalling our great nation.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We're putting down a lot of pavement - fast.