Number of Members

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Ever since I started on this site, as far as I recall the number of members has been in the 10,000 - 10,900 range. You might imagine it would have climbed higher, I don't think there is a way of leaving.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Ever since I started on this site, as far as I recall the number of members has been in the 10,000 - 10,900 range. You might imagine it would have climbed higher, I don't think there is a way of leaving.
I believe the administrators of the forum have a way of helping unwanted people by gently giving them the boot out the door. :frow

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I believe the administrators of the forum have a way of helping unwanted people by gently giving them the boot out the door. :frow
Having participated in several forums, newsgroups, etc, I appreciate that this forum has a genuine sense of community and civility. The people we "help with a boot out the door" have been those who were decidedly uncivil, unhelpful, or became members for the sole purpose of touting their products or services. The fact is that over the years it appears that most of these folks, having seen the tone we set, just decided not to join up. They just go somewhere else to sell their goods and/or be s--t disturbers!

A very interesting bit of data is the section, Users On Line. At any given time the guests and search engine users vastly outnumber the actual members on line. Just think of the number of folks who greatly outnumber actual members and find the forum useful and/or interesting enough to search our current and past topics. The nearly 11,000 membership number is apparently the tip of the iceberg in assessing how many people are partaking of what this forum offers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Can you imagine the fun of a Printer Knowledge get together? :ya
We would have to hold it on all the continents to accommodate everyone. :weee

The interwebs is a truly wonderful place and Rob has brought together more people than the US Congress! :hugs

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II

The interwebs is a truly wonderful place and Rob has brought together more people than the US Congress! :hugs

That raises the questions "Who is buying the beer or perhaps wine?" and "What do we all do when we are together?

A quick glance at your posting left me wondering where "Pencil" USA is, until I realised my mistake.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Another question I have is, in the "attached file" window, shown in a posting there is a number of "views" shown. This does not seem to relate to a viewing of the attachment, as it does not appear to change if you view the file, although it does show a figure in most cases?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Emulator said:
Yes there is a way of leaving this great forum, that’s why the membership dropped by about 400 earlier in the year. (Rob did a spring clean of all the load mouths) :eek:

It’s easy to leave if you want to by just informing Rob politely that you no longer wish to participate here and he’ll oblige (He probability send in the Men in White coats for you) or do what most others do and abuse the hell out of anyone you don’t like and then exiting is totally automatic...:rant
stratman said:

If we all got together, it would be the longest gathering of the happiest printer Guru’s on the planet, but saying that I don’t know which country would want to let a bunch of Printaholics with Technicolor hands and faces in to debate the ins and outs of clogs, purge units, profiles, ARC chips and refiller clips plus the odd refurbished printer. :hugs :fl :old :clap
Emulator said:
That raises the questions "Who is buying the beer or perhaps wine?" and "What do we all do when we are together?

Could you imagine the state of the place after we all had left, there would be nothing but empty wine, beer, champagne and ink bottles everywhere, not to mention syringes, cartridge clips, redsetter, old batteries, scales and a large banner with Rob for President.. :old

P.S. I will nominate @Emulator to get in the first round of drinks.. :plbb :ya

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If Rob gets his 3D printer up and running he could print us all the beverages we want. :drool

A quick glance at your posting left me wondering where "Pencil" USA is, until I realised my mistake.
Pencil City, USA -- that would be Shelbyville, Tennessee! Think of all the pools of ink at Quill City. :D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Could you imagine the state of the place after we all had left, there would be nothing but empty wine, beer, champagne and ink bottles everywhere, not to mention syringes, cartridge clips, redsetter, old batteries, scales and a large banner with Rob for President.. :old
I's like to think we are a tidy bunch. Afterall, we install "printer potties" and flush and clean our cartridges and print heads. :woot

P.S. I will nominate @Emulator to get in the first round of drinks.. :plbb :ya
I second that. Motion carries. Emu buys first round. :clap

Reminds me of a story from a guy that was in the military who flew on a surveillance aircraft and would be in the air for hours at a time. The rule was the first guy to use the head/bathroom had to clean it. This was one time having a new guy assigned to your craft was a good thing - he didn't know the rule. :D

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I second that. Motion carries. Emu buys first round. :clap

Reminds me of a story from a guy that was in the military who flew on a surveillance aircraft and would be in the air for hours at a time. The rule was the first guy to use the head/bathroom had to clean it. This was one time having a new guy assigned to your craft was a good thing - he didn't know the rule. :D

If I recall correctly on the B29 (we had a few) there was a rubber "tube" on the port side in amongst the crew positions. I had an enjoyable 5 hour flight (as ground support on a joy ride) in the bomb aimers seat in the glass nose, wonderful view. But using the tube, you needed training!:(