Nozzle check on Canon iP6000D printer

Big_Al

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/1302_printer_test.jpg

The above is a scan of a nozzle check on a Canon iP6000D printer (calling it #2 printer). The nozzles are clean and ink cartridges are not in question, because they came from a perfectly working iP6000D printer (calling it #1 printer). Would #2 printer have a bad print head, or is the stripes caused be something else.
Thank you for all of the help. Al

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
You mean the stripes? I'd say an electrical issue, which is terminal as far as I know. So in that case a replacement head would be required.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Yup, I agree, electrical issue, a new printhead "MIGHT" solve it. Might not!

Wayne

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Since you have two of these printers, you could swap the print heads and see if the problem goes to printer #1 and printer #2 works correctly.

Big_Al

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Since you have two of these printers, you could swap the print heads and see if the problem goes to printer #1 and printer #2 works correctly.
Yes, I was thnking of trying that, then I thought I might then have both printers not working. Could the good print head be damaged by putting the good head in the printer that is not working.
Al

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
There is a slight risk but in every case that I have tried where the printer works with a print head with problems like yours, there has never been a problem swapping the heads. If the printer doesn't do anything or if you can see burn marks around the electronics on the print head, then you have to worry.

Big_Al

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
There is a slight risk but in every case that I have tried where the printer works with a print head with problems like yours, there has never been a problem swapping the heads. If the printer doesn't do anything or if you can see burn marks around the electronics on the print head, then you have to worry.
Well, I went ahead and put the questionable print head in the perfectly working printer, and the print head was bad. Then I put the good printhead back into the printer that had been working perfectly, and YES I still have one perfect printer. I was thinking of taking the bad print head apart to see what makes it tick. All of you were correct, it was a bad print head.
Thanks for all the help. Al