Novel Uses for Your Inkjet Printer

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Friends:

I think something everyone would enjoy is hearing about innovative ways to use inkjet printed media. I'm sure that virtually everyone has a cool project to share that many of us would have never thought of. To kick this thread off, one of my favorites: front license plate for your car (in states where you only need the official one on the rear).

Print your chosen design on outdoor sticker medium - how about your family crest with flags of your national heritage in the background - place this on a blank smooth plate. You'll obviously have the best durability with pigment based inks, but even with dye based inks a coat of automotive clear (spray can from your local auto supply) to help defeat the UV & moisture will last a surprisingly long time.

Anyway, please share your interesting ideas here. Best Regards to everyone!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I haven't done it, but the best idea I've seen is InkJet Sushi:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/03/t...00&en=86bc342e2ce05d47&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt

I've done the boring stuff like iron-on's for t-shirts, bumper stickers, static cling decals, etc. My favorite by far is the t-shirt transfer paper... lots of fun! Last year at our family reunion each family had to make, print, and iron their own t-shirts (matching for each family). Lots of fun.

Here's me and the family with our shirts... unfortunately I don't have a close up... yet.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/img/files/family_shirts.jpg

Tysonic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well one thing that I'm using my inkjet for is making airgun rifle targets. With the wide carriage i9900, I can use heavyweight paper and design targets like this:
Copy_of_bullseye1.jpg

I then print them on 11x17 or 13x19 and get a lot of shots in without having to get up and change the target.

This is what I shoot, taken with my 1 week old Olympus C-7070:

Test_pics_basement_043__Small_.jpg

Test_pics_basement_005__Small_.jpg

Nope, that ain't no Daisy! It's a Beeman RX-2 in .22, 860fps and has a gas ram (no spring).

Tax refunds can be so nice sometimes! :)

Tyson

hseeng

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I heard you could print money.....Haha