Not Understanding How To Clean i960 Printhead

KCDoug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I did much of what Grandad suggested, unfortunately I've worsened the situation because I'm now getting the dreaded flashes - 5 yellow flashes , indicating printhead problem. Probably got the circuit board wet or possibly damaged a connection blowing the air pretty hard. Although I cannot find any overt moisture, I let the printhead sit out overnight to further dry, and used a hair dryer on low/cool and blew around circuit board. Still getting the flashes. (I've also cleaned contacts with eraser, triple-checked the seating of the printhead, and muttered to myself...) Also Googled the error flashes and found a couple suggestion for resetting the EPROM, etc. also to no avail.

This is waaaay too exasperating and eating too much time to continue to obsess about.

My humble thanks, however, to one and all for your patient suggestions.

-Doug

PS - I didn't mention this before b/c I really didn't want to stir up the argument about oem vs. aftermarket, but the photocyan failure and the mild banding of the photomagenta were the only 2 Hobbicolors ink & carts that I had installed this past summer. All other printhead pickups continued to work and were using Canon oem. It may be serendipitous, maybe not. Don't know if doing additional preventive maintenance (beyond occasional nozzle check and light head clean cycle) would have prevented this?